The Fabric Achieves Livable Housing Australia Silver Certification
We are pleased to announce that The Fabric has achieved Silver Certification from Livable Housing Australia for the design of all 49 lots in Stage 1.
Livable Housing Australia (LHA) is a partnership between community and consumer groups, government and industry. LHA champions the mainstream adoption of livable housing design principles in all new homes built in Australia. LHA arose from the Kirribilli Dialogue on Universal Housing Design, which established nationally agreed guidelines on designing and building livable homes.
A house that achieves LHA Silver Certification offers the following features:
1. A safe, continuous and step free path of travel from the street entrance and/or parking area to a dwelling entrance that is level.
2. At least one level (step-free) entrance into the dwelling
3. Internal doors and corridors that facilitate comfortable and unimpeded movement between spaces.
4. A toilet on the ground (or entry) level that provides easy access.
5. A bathroom that contains a hobless shower recess
6. Reinforced walls around the toilet, shower and bath to support the safe installation of grabrails at a later date.
7. Stairways are designed to reduce the likelihood of injury and also enable future adaptation.
Silver Certification house designs benefit the following groups:
1. Families with young children
2. People with temporary injuries
3. Ageing baby boomers
4. People with disabilities and their families
This achievement exemplifies Mirvac's commitment to delivering exceptional living for customers.